Thursday, April 9, 2009

8 days left in Sicily....

I don't know what to think yet.
There will be so many people and things that I will miss.
So many things that I won't.
I'm trying to be at peace with the fact that we didn't travel as much as I wanted to,
and yet appreciate that we did travel some... definitely more than some people ever get to.
Nervous about being back in a big city....
and yet excited for everything that is available with a big city.
Anxious.....
but trying not to be.
Nostalgic at what this duty station has brought me.
a true relationship with God.
my complete acceptance of who I am, what my role is, who I have become, how much I have grown.
Nostalgic at what this duty station has brought us.
we've grown into our own family, have formed our own ideas, have become our own persons.
Sicily put our relationship to the test, and our marriage was strengthened.
my baby grew up here.... she learned to walk, to self feed, to ride her tricycle, to fly a kite.
and now we have a new baby.
the pregnancy and her birth... are memories forever tied to this place.
such good friends were made.
beautiful, amazing women who have helped me so much,
more than many of them will ever know.
among a tumultuous cloud of emotions....
mostly, I am so grateful.

3 comments:

anglouise said...

sheesh....i can't believe you are leaving so soon. i'm so glad i got to know you during your time in sicily. i treasure our friendship. i will miss you more than words can say.

my car is back in service so if you want to go anywhere just let me know, or call me anytime to hang out. i want to spend time with you before you go!

Unknown said...

Sheena,
You have such a great attitude. I hope you have a safe trip back to the states.

I am truly sorry that I won't get to meet you when we come out. Maybe you'll end up in SoCA sometime or I'll end up back near you.

I look forward to your continuing adventures in your blog.

God Bless you all!

mira said...

glad I didn't read this until after you were gone *gulp*